Sunday, January 6, 2013

Back to School Tomorrow!

Well, tomorrow is our first day back from break! As much as I loved the time off, and it does feel like it flew by, I am pretty excited to see my kiddos tomorrow! Here's why:
  • We are going to be starting a new unit in writing - how-to books! I am so excited to get them started with nonfiction writing. I think they are going to be amazing.
  • We're also relaunching Daily Five. I never got to Word Work or Listen to Reading at the beginning of the year, and I think we need a refresher on everything. :)

While I was on break, I mostly chilled and spent time with family and friends. But just tonight I returned from a super fun weekend in New York visiting a friend!
That was the view from my friend's apartment's sun terrace. So awesome! I love the city.

I know you probably are not super excited about school starting tomorrow... but what is pumping you up for a new semester?

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to do more project based learning. It is very new to me, but with that and Whole Brain Teaching strategies, I'm pumped to get these first graders ready for second grade!
    Alyce

    Mrs. Bartel’s School Family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jill! Was just thinking of you and I hope things are going great at school!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...