Saturday, November 26, 2011

Oh Baby!

One of my second graders will be a big sister soon! Her mom is due on December 8th, but she's already been to the hospital a few times, so they say it could be any day. Today I knitted a hat for the baby!

Here is where I found the pattern (I just made it a little bit bigger). I'll probably make one more in a different color before the baby is born.

I decided to make this hat because we have such a small school community, and the mom is one of my party room moms!

I'm wondering - do you do anything for your students when they have a new baby at home? I know when I student taught, the district sent home a little "big brother" package when one of my first graders' moms had a baby. I'd love to know if there's anything you usually do!

7 comments:

  1. Wow!!! That is SOOOOO nice!! We don't do anything like that but I think I'd like to start for sure. But I'm not a knitter so I would have to think of something else . . . :)
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. We don't, but I love that you did that--so thoughtful! Plus the hat is adorable!! I wish I knew how to knit...I just need to unglue my hands from the laptop keyboard and do something different hahaha!
    Kristen :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are too sweet! I'm sure the family will love your thoughtfulness!

    :)
    Christina
    Mrs. Bainbridge's Class

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww...how sweet and CUTE! I have never done anything like this, but I love the idea. I am sure the family will be very touched by your thoughtfulness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow! That is not only super cute but so sweet of you to give her your time and love. BTW I blogged about ya and spread some sunshine your way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ha ha...Ive been singing the cupid shuffle all day because of that deer. :) Glad to know someone else appreciated that. :)
    Reagan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi!
    I am giving you the Sunshine Award because your blog is so inspiring. Thank you for sharing such awesome ideas.

    Teach Play Smile

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...