Happy Wednesday! And happy last-day-of-break to me!
I'm loving the New Year's craft-ivities that I have seen all over the blogs (especially those at Step into 2nd Grade with Mrs. Lemons and The First Grade Parade)! I can't wait to use them tomorrow. I hope my students come back excited to learn and write, write, write!!
I'm loving that my BULLS are tipping off in a few short moments!!!!!! Also I'm loving that our record is 5-1 so far!!! Go Bulls go!!
I'm loving that my brother helped me make my whisper phones today!! We haven't painted them yet (we're waiting for the weekend) but I can't wait to debut them tomorrow morning! I bought the supplies back in August or something and finally got around to making them today, haha.
I'm loving that it is supposed to be 50 this weekend! Wowzer!! We've hardly had any snow this year or frigid temperatures. I am fine with that but I'm sure we will have a blizzard in February or something.
I'm loving that some sweet bloggers have given me awards lately! Thank you to Laura at Kinder Kraziness and Tanya at A Class Act for giving me the Versatile Blogger Award!
here). But I am more than happy to share 7 more things about myself, haha!
1. I don't like drinking straight from glasses in restaurants. I will sit patiently and wait until I get a straw. I just don't trust the edge of cups for some reason.
2. I'm not technically a vegetarian but I don't eat a lot of meat. I specifically don't eat ground beef! No hamburgers, tacos, chili, or meatloaf for me. Yuck.
3. I wear glasses and I probably always will... because I am way too scared to get contacts. Whenever something gets close to my eyeball, I freak out. Sigh.
4. I really love drinking tea in the morning but it's not to wake up, because none of my teas have caffeine in them. I just like to warm up. :)
5. I have family in southern California and I think it is the most beautiful place!!!! So many hills and flowers and warmth. For a while after I graduated, I was looking for a job in California but I quickly found out that their education job market wasn't much better than it is here in Illinois! Sadness.
6. I'm really obsessed with the gas mileage that my car gets. Right now I am at 34 MPG and I am feeling a little glum about it because a month ago I was at 37 MPG!! Today my dad and I went to a car dealership and I saw a Mustang that got 15 MPG and I almost threw up. Well, not really. You know.
7. Joakim Noah is my favorite athlete! I hope he never gets traded from the Bulls because I won't know what to do with myself.
What are you loving today?