Wednesday, August 22, 2012

What I'm Loving Wednesday

Happy Wednesday! It was our first full day of school!
I have a lot to love today. :)

I'm loving that I have a pretty good class this year! They are super chatty and I need to get that in check, for sure, but overall they are very sweet kids. I don't foresee any major behavior problems this year.

I'm loving that one student who particularly challenged me last year has transformed into a wonderful little man. He always tried to be good, so it was hard to get TOO frustrated with him, but had some impulse control difficulties. I hardly recognize him this year! I love his parents for working so hard with him all summer. :)

I'm loving my new girl. New kids are really rare at school, but I have one in first grade and she is the cutest. She is incredibly shy and nervous around the other kids, but she wants hugs from me all the time and just generally brightens up my day. She is loving school this year (the TOTAL opposite of her Kindergarten experience) and I feel happy that I am helping her have a good experience!

I'm loving that yesterday, when we talked about stamina, one boy said he had a lot of stamina for eating. Haha!

I'm loving that today my first graders asked if they could read when they finished their work early! YES! Pleeeeease read!

I'm loving that we launched Writing Workshop today! Everybody was incredibly excited to write, even though 75% of them wrote about their dog (like I did in my model story). When time was up and some kids weren't finished, they begged to finish tomorrow. I laughed to myself and said, "Yes! Of course we will have time to finish tomorrow!" And the next day... and the next day... and the next day...
I could probably think of a million more things, but it's probably past my bedtime!! What are you loving today?

2 comments:

  1. Haha my kids always write about the same topic that I modeled. But they are writing!

    Sara :)
    Smiling In Second Grade

    ReplyDelete

  2. Therefore, the Saudi or Arab investor is looking for some special conditions for trading that may not be available in Saudi trading companies. Therefore, investors turn to internationally approved and licensed trading companies.شركات التداول المرخصة من مؤسسة النقد
    The currency trading market operates 24 hours a day, five days a week, and every trader can get his profits from trading operations that take place over the Internet through the best reliable trading companies that facilitate the implementation of trading operations from anywhere in the world.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...