Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas Survey!!


Happy Friday!!!

Yesterday, on my first vacation day, I went back to school to do a little cleaning and to pick up my teachers' manuals. I feel like I will be going back a lot... oh wells. It's kind of nice to be there in the peace and quiet. :)

Anyway, Kristin at A Teeny Tiny Teacher did this survey a few days ago, and before I go out and buy the last few Christmas gifts that I've been putting off, I will do it too!!!!


1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
I'd much rather wrap presents. I am not amazing at it, but I am much worse at arranging tissue paper inside a gift bag. I have no idea how people do that!!! My gift bags always look terrible.

2. Real tree or artificial?
We always had real trees when I was little but now we have an artificial one. I would really like to have a real tree in my own personal home, but I don't really know how I feel about arbitrarily cutting down trees... plus I think it can be costly?

3. When do you put up the tree?
My mom refuses to put the tree up more than like 4 days before Christmas! :(

4. When do you take the tree down?
These answers are making me sound like a little kid..... but, again, my mom would be happiest if the tree was down on December 26th.

5. Do you like eggnog?
Not at all!!!!

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
I know I had an American Girl (Molly) but that might've been for my birthday?

 7. Do you have a nativity scene?
We have one at home and I have one in my classroom, but I don't have one personally. My dream is to get the Willow Tree nativity!
 
8. Hardest person to buy for?
My younger brother. He always buys everything he wants right away!

9. Easiest person to buy for?
My boyfriend! I keep mental notes of random things he says throughout the year and then I have tons of ideas when it is Christmastime!!

10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
I love mail so I love sending mail!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Once we had a secret santa exchange and I had asked for dangly earrings. I got some really cheap gross looking ones. Somebody who was there ended up taking them for her 5-year-old, haha!

12. Favorite Christmas movie?
I love Holiday Inn, The Holiday, and Love Actually!!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
If I have ideas early then I buy them right away so I don't forget! Otherwise I am a last-minute shopper.

14. Ever recycled a present?
Not besides those earrings previously mentioned!

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
My mom makes a delicious potato casserole type of thing. I promise it is delicious. My dad is on a low-fat, low-cholesterol diet this year so my mom says she isn't going to make it!! I am so sad.

16. Clear lights or colored lights on a tree?
Doesn't matter to me!

17. Favorite Christmas song?
That is tough... I guess I like most of them!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home?
The farthest we go is like 10 minutes. Haha! Although if I go with my boyfriend on Christmas Eve, his family goes to Indiana, which is about 2 hours away or so.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Oh yes. I think I have The Night Before Christmas memorized.

20. Angel or star on top of the tree?
We used to have an angel when I was little, but our kitten climbed up the tree and knocked it over. Now we have a star! At school, one of my girls made an "origami angel" at her house and brought it for our tiny tree.

21. Open the presents on Christmas Eve or Christmas morning?
We open them on both days!

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Not knowing what to get for people.

23. Favorite ornament, theme, or color?
I like all the ornaments that I've gotten over the years. A long time ago, my mom got me a nutcracker one with a little string on the bottom. When you pull the string, his mouth opens and closes! Love it.

24. What do you want for Christmas?
I will be really happy if I get seasons of Seinfeld!!!! I watch Seinfeld like it is my job.

PS: Is anyone as psyched as I am that the NBA season starts in T minus 48 hours??? That is actually the best Christmas present that the world could give me!!



1 comment:

  1. I have wanted the Precious Moments nativity scene since..well...forever... But I'm really loving the Willow Tree Nativity Scene that you have a picture of. Very beautiful. Merry Christmas.

    First Grade Delight
    imgoingfirst@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...