I am so excited about this linky party over at Doodle Bugs Teaching! I have been taking pictures like a crazy person today so you can have a glimpse into my super exciting life.
And here are the stories behind the pictures! I'll start from the top left!
- This is my school bag, purse, and lunch bag ready to go! Do you take a hundred bags to school? I guess it's a problem but it works for me...
- This is my class doing Adventure to Fitness because it was pouring rain during lunch recess. We haven't done this in a while, since we've had outdoor recess every single day! They loved it and we learned about castles and battlements.
- One of my girls was crying because she said she didn't feel well, so instead of doing Adventure to Fitness, she read Cat in the Hat to me and she did AWESOME! And she pretended to be me when she said, "I'll wait until everyone is looking at me." Haha!
- Two of my FIRST graders working on subtraction in XtraMath!!! Some of my second graders aren't even there yet!
- I give little snacks to the kids who improve in their mastery score in XtraMath. This is because I found that lots of my kids were typing in random numbers to get done more quickly. This has really helped! Today I gave them rice cakes and they died of happiness.
- We worked on the St. Patrick's Day craftivity from The Teacher Wife! I actually took this picture to show that since we used up all of our glue resources, we have now resorted to pouring glue into bowls and using q-tips like paint brushes. It actually works out really well, surprisingly.
- If I did a nutrition/healthy choices related lesson, I will get a gift card to Walmart so I did mine today. We learned about MyPlate and made little bracelets to remind ourselves how many servings we needed. I got this idea from Alisha at The Bubbly Bonde.
- Then we went outside. I drew a big MyPlate on the ground and the kids had little pictures of food. In teams, they had to run and put their food picture in the right part of the plate and then tag the next person. Sooo... a relay race. It went amazingly although the wind blew our food away and we had to finish it inside... oh wells. They all rocked it though! Go kids!
- I worked on my 5th box of Thin Mints after school. YUM! Sadly I was not practicing the MyPlate philosophy.... sorry MyPlate.
- One of my girls gave me this wrapping paper tube today. It is decorated and says "Your birthday March 25" on it. That is a true statement. However... I don't know what to do with this. So I brought it home.
- I finally switched out my hallway displays. These are our Lenten promises. Most of them say, "I promise to be nice." At least they know what we need to work on!!
- And I put up our craftivities.
Wow, that was a lot of words. I will go into detail on some of these activities at a later date!!