I am crazy late in posting my resolutions, but at least I am writing these before the new year starts!!! I'm linking up today with Tammy and Mor. :)
- Drink more water!! My boyfriend's mom got me a sweet water bottle for Christmas (which is just what I wanted). I hope it encourages me to drink a lot of water.
- Go to more museums!! I love museums. Now that Matt works at one, we can go to lots of museums in the city for free!!!
- Go on some kind of trip. I want to go places in my life. Maybe a summer vacay?
- Assess my students to determine their reading levels. My reading program is a one-size-fits-all situation with no leveled books and very few assessments. I can get around this because I have access to Reading A-Z and a sizable leveled library that I am continually working on. My brother wants me to add that I will actually teach the kids to read...... not just figure out their levels......
- Keep my desk cleaned. This is a real problem for me!! I just throw things on my desk throughout the day and then I lose things. :(
- Revamp my math work stations. The kids love this time of day but it is not a well-oiled machine by any means. When we get back to school, I want to make an expectations anchor chart (which I never made it the first place....) and change out the stations to keep the kids excited and engaged.
- Grade and return work in a timely fashion!!
- Start creating my own freebies to share! My students and I have benefited from so many kind and giving teacher bloggers and I want to give back. I only have two sets of clip art though... I think that is an issue.
Ay caramba, I have a lot of professional resolutions!!! But I am a first year teacher, so I think it is okay if I have a lot to improve on still. :)