Sunday, February 12, 2012

How'd You Meet Your Hunny?

Happy Sunday!

I'm spending my Sunday just chilling, waiting for my boyfriend to get home from work! We had a super fun day in city that I will tell you about later, since my pictures are on my camera! And my camera cord is at home. :)

Anyway, today I'm linking up with Chrissy at Buzzing With Ms. B for her first linky party!!! In keeping with Valentine's Day, her party is about how we met our loves!

My boyfriend and I went to the same college for one year. We never ran into each other. He transferred after his freshman year but came back every once in a while to go to events or parties or whatever. We first met during one of those times when he came back to visit, because in that time, his friends had become my friends. It was nothing though - we just said hi and went our separate ways.

 
Here is an example of when we were in the same time and place and didn't care! I am in the back with the grey sweater on with the white snowflakes... he is wearing a tan shirt. See? So close.



I transferred after my sophomore year and so any contact we might have had was pretty much gone.

Fast forward to New Year's 2009. I didn't have anywhere to go and I didn't want to stay home! So my awesome bff Nicole asked if I'd go to a party with her!
To make a long story short (I realize this is already long...), he also went to the party! I was standing in the kitchen when he walked in and said, "Hey, Jill" and I was like, "How does he still remember my name??" We talked about Sarah Palin's grandbaby, Barack Obama, Flight of the Conchords, and had a good old time. He asked for my phone number before I left, and texted me later that day, and the rest is history!
We have a lot of fun together! We both like to talk a lot, we both like to eat a lot, and I think our personalities complement each other well. He is crazy supportive of everything I do and he doesn't complain (too much) about all of my classroom stories, haha! God knows I have a million new ones eeeeeevery single day.

Go link up! I want to hear about you and your person!

10 comments:

  1. This is a great post! I love it and thanks so much for linking up! Thank goodness I'm not the only one at my own party. lol

    And Flight of the Conchords? Awesome. Sounds like a match made in heaven!!

    Buzzing with Ms. B

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's me in the green sweater between you two! Always between you two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is. Sorry I did not point you out. Haha!!

      Delete
  3. How amazing that you met up again! Happy Valentine's Day!
     Chrissy

    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this story!!!!!!!! I love all of the near misses and then the happy ending!!!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Isn't it funny how things work out?
    ❀Beth Ann❀
    Taming My Flock of Firsties
    bakteach16@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww, cool how you knew each other but didn't "know" each other....my hubby and I were like that, too...go check out my story! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...