Monday, February 13, 2012

You Know You're a Teacher When...

I should be going to sleep, seriously, but a town near me is on Four Weddings!!! Does anyone else watch Four Weddings? I like it, especially the Chicago episodes!

Anyway, I am super late to this party BUT it is so fun that I can't say no!!

Jeannie at Kindergarten Lifestyle is hosting an awesome linky party, and here's my submission!


Seriously, when people call me Jill at school, I don't even look at them. Haha!

And speaking of things that remind me of my class, yesterday my boyfriend and I went to the Museum of Science and Industry and it was SO AWESOME! I went there once when I was little so I was really excited to go back. I hope I can take my class someday because there is so much stuff to see and do in there!

There was a huge Science of Storms exhibit, which was amazing! You could make your own tsunami and other such fun things. There was a big section about grains... not really sure how that fit into storms, but while I was in that area, I saw this thing about solids, liquids, and gases! My kids would have peed themselves.
In the genetics area, they had baby chicks! Omg, so cute. One chick was just finishing his or her entrance into the world while we were there! The chick's little tail was stuck to the shell in this picture, poor baby.
And on the other side of the egg section, there was a real live baby chick section! I am so in love with baby chicks. I hope I can find myself an incubator so I can raise them in my classroom!!
There was a future section... like, what will happen in the future? We walked through this mister thing like 100 times and then took a picture in it. When you walked through it, the mist turned orange in the shape of your body! It was sweet. 
I think that's all for tonight. Go to Chicago and see the Museum of Science and Industry! There is so much stuff! I totally did not take pictures of everything but it is so worth the trip!!

4 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun!!! :) I love baby chicks, too! But then they grow up.
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. I call my best friend (another teacher) by her last name.... it's habit! Thank you for joining my linky party!
    It's been such fun!

    I am following!

    ✿~jeannie~
    ­Kindergarten Lifestyle

    Kindergarten Lifestyle Facebook Fan Page

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...