And without further ado.... here's my day in photographs!
And here is the scoop on each picture! I'm going left to right on each row. :)
(1) There was frost on my car today. FROST. Inappropriate.
(2) I have been listening to the audiobook of Jon Stewart's book, Earth, while I am driving. I haven't ever listened to an audiobook before and I don't know if I would again... but Jon Stewart read it and it was funny.
(3) Today I decided to teach a comprehension strategy - questioning! My reading series doesn't teach strategies outright so I haven't had a chance to do this very often this year. I read a Curious George book that actually lent itself incredibly well to the teaching of this strategy because a lot of weird things happened. Anyway, afterwards, the kids had to pick out a book to read and then write a question they asked themselves on a post-it note. This is one girl hard at work on a Frog and Toad book!
(4) And here are the questions we asked ourselves about the Curious George book! We had way more than this but I only took one question per page.
(5) Every day at 1:00, I relieve the Pre-K teacher so she can take a bathroom break. The kids are so so cute and we are like BFFs now.
(6) We have a prospective family open house on Sunday, so I got these little beach baskets from Dollar Tree to hold books at each table. They're working out really well!
(7) We planted zinnias on Tuesday! I overwatered them. :(
(8) In first grade math, we're working on place value. Today we regrouped numbers up to 50 using cubes. It went super well!
(9) I had my first (and only) observation of the year today and I told the kids if they were not crazy that we could do something fun. So I gave them a 5 minute extra recess. I'm soooooooo nice, haha!
(10) Off to ESL class I go! Driving down the tollway here.
(11) Finally home! Only 14 hours after I left............ sigh.
(12) And I left my phone in the bathroom at my house!!! All day I had no idea what time it was... what the weather was outside... how long the kids were on the computer... it was all a guessing game. Note to self: don't do that again.
Hooray! Thanks, Kacey, for hosting. :)