Thursday, April 12, 2012

12 on the 12th: April Edition

Today was so much more fun since it was a 12 on the 12th day!!!
And without further ado.... here's my day in photographs!
And here is the scoop on each picture! I'm going left to right on each row. :)

(1) There was frost on my car today. FROST. Inappropriate.

(2) I have been listening to the audiobook of Jon Stewart's book, Earth, while I am driving. I haven't ever listened to an audiobook before and I don't know if I would again... but Jon Stewart read it and it was funny.

(3) Today I decided to teach a comprehension strategy - questioning! My reading series doesn't teach strategies outright so I haven't had a chance to do this very often this year. I read a Curious George book that actually lent itself incredibly well to the teaching of this strategy because a lot of weird things happened. Anyway, afterwards, the kids had to pick out a book to read and then write a question they asked themselves on a post-it note. This is one girl hard at work on a Frog and Toad book!

(4) And here are the questions we asked ourselves about the Curious George book! We had way more than this but I only took one question per page.

(5) Every day at 1:00, I relieve the Pre-K teacher so she can take a bathroom break. The kids are so so cute and we are like BFFs now.

(6) We have a prospective family open house on Sunday, so I got these little beach baskets from Dollar Tree to hold books at each table. They're working out really well!

(7) We planted zinnias on Tuesday! I overwatered them. :(

(8) In first grade math, we're working on place value. Today we regrouped numbers up to 50 using cubes. It went super well!

(9) I had my first (and only) observation of the year today and I told the kids if they were not crazy that we could do something fun. So I gave them a 5 minute extra recess. I'm soooooooo nice, haha!

(10) Off to ESL class I go! Driving down the tollway here.

(11) Finally home! Only 14 hours after I left............ sigh.

(12) And I left my phone in the bathroom at my house!!! All day I had no idea what time it was... what the weather was outside... how long the kids were on the computer... it was all a guessing game. Note to self: don't do that again.

Hooray! Thanks, Kacey, for hosting. :)

7 comments:

  1. Hi Jill!!

    What a fun day! Don't you love those baskets from the dollar tree? I need to check back there again now that it looks like they have some new bright colors!!

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't stand when I leave my phone at home!!!!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you were able to take pictures with your phone left in the bathroom ;)

    ~Stephanie
    Teaching in Room 6

    ReplyDelete
  4. Note to self: Wear a watch.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep listening to audiobooks! I listen every day during my commute - it has to be the right narrator. I listened to Tina Fey's book and hated every second (which is weird because you think her narration would be better), but usually I love listening. Try listening to The Iron Druid Chronicles - this is the absolute best, and funniest series I've ever listened to. I don't think it would be near as fun to read...DO IT!
    Laura
    Mrs. Castro's Class 2nd Grade...Spanglish Style

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes! What a loooong day! Hope you don't have to do that more than once a week!

    Natalie
    TeacheryTidbits

    ReplyDelete
  7. I feel like I left my arm at home if my phone is not within reach.. crazy addiction!

    yes, frost is just not right! It's Spring Time Mother Nature. Get it together. However, it is WAY more like summer here than spring.

    Thank you! Thank you! for joining and please come back next month!!!

    Kacey
    Doodle Bugs Teaching
    Doodle Bugs Paper

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...