Saturday, April 28, 2012

Spring Has Sprung!

Yesterday I had a guest in my class!

A friend of mine is going to school to be a teacher, and she needed to create and then teach a lesson for her Exceptional Child class. So she came on in and taught about poetry!

The entire class wrote acrostic poems about spring and then the second graders wrote cinquains about bees. I put them all in the hallway for a cutesy little spring display.

Spring is "steaming hot"? News to me... we haven't gotten above 50 degrees for a few weeks now!


Bees have a thorax, head, and abdomen! Shout-out to Kelley for teaching a memorable lesson. :)
Across the hall, the preschool display is looking fabulous!

The individual flowers are made up of the preschoolers' handprints. On the inside is squares of tissue paper glued onto a construction paper circle.

Our end of the hallway is looking so colorful and nice!

Also today I'm linking up with Jen's word wall linky party with an older post of mine. Go check out her party!!!

1 comment:

  1. I love poems!! We are going to be writing a cinquain poem about the pioneers! :)
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...