Monday, July 18, 2011

Out of the Mouths of Babes

Mrs. Dillard is hosting an awesome linky party about funny things kids say!

Here are a few that I can remember from student teaching...
  • My first graders were obsessed with the fact that I'm not married, even though I was only 22 at the time. One day, a student came up to me and asked how old I was, and I told her. Then she said, "My brother is 22. I could give him your phone number if you want." Um!! No thanks!!
  • Another time we were standing by the door where there was a poster of all the presidents. My boys were looking at it and finding presidents who I should marry, including Abraham Lincoln. I said if I had to marry a president, I'd want it to be Barack Obama. One boy said, "You can't marry him! You're a gringo!" The challenges of being the only white girl in the room, I guess...
  • In Open Court, we always wrote these lines of words on the board that the kids would decode and read. Sometimes I'd go over them to make sure they knew what the words were. One day, a word was "player." I asked a student what a "player" was, and he didn't know, so another boy piped up and said, "A player is someone who cheats on you!"
I can't wait to get into my classroom and write down some more of these!!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining my linky party! Your stories are HILARIOUS! I love reading all these!
    Peace, Mel D
    Oh the Places We’ll Go

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids are always trying to marry me off too!!

    I had one tell me this year I need to get married soon, so I could retire and have babies :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...