10. I drive a stick-shift car and I love it!!! When I had to get rid of my Accord because it was costing a crazy amount to fix it (and things kept going wrong), I knew I didn't have a lot of money and I didn't want car payments. Manual cars are less expensive, so that's why I bought my car. Also, my boyfriend drives a stick-shift car, so I knew he'd be able to help me if necessary. It took some tears and some patience, but I can really drive it now! And it is pretty fun.
Postcrossing, which allowed me to send and receive almost 500 postcards from around the world! I have the most amazing postcards now. I hope I can use them to teach about world geography, and if I had a class over third grade, I'd probably sign us up. One of my new obsessions is Letterfu. Using their designs, you can send a letter without any envelope! It's all folds like origami. SUPER awesome, and I just got a Letterfu letter in the mail today from my other most favorite family member, my cousin Kelley!!!
6. I really like my handwriting because it is neat, but it is not "fun." Like, I will happily write out every single word wall word to put on my wall this year, but I can't write a title for a poster or decorate stuff like that. I wish I could!
5. I applied for Teach for America and got to the final full-day interview before I was rejected. :( I was reeeeeeally sad. On my list of regions where I wanted to be placed, I had Chicago, Milwaukee, South Dakota, Miami, and Hawaii. It was pretty frustrating not to be chosen, since all the other people in my full-day interview group had NO IDEA how to teach. But, I like to think that everything happens for a reason. I have my job for the fall now which I know I will like, and that might not have been the case had I gotten into TfA.
4. I am not a big fan of sugary things like doughnuts or chocolate or cake. I do like peppermint patties though. For snacks I prefer salty things like pretzels!!
1. When I get married, I don't know if I will change my last name. For a long time I swore up and down that I would, because I don't really like my last name now. However, the more I think about it, the more I think that I want to hang on to my name for a variety of reasons. But if you change your name, that's cool with me! I won't judge you. :)
And those are my Top Ten Things To Know! Link up with Mrs. Owens to share yours. :)