Monday, May 28, 2012

Music in the Classroom!

Leslie at Jack of All Trades is hosting a linky party about using music in the classroom!
Blog button
I definitely don't use as much music as I want to! That is one of my 9,000,000 goals for next school year. :)

However, we did watch at least one educational video per day! We did XtraMath as a whole class in the computer lab after lunch, so if they were working hard and not being silly, I rewarded them with a little video! I mostly just picked random ones from Harry Kindergarten's YouTube channel. Here are a few faves of ours:



When we were learning money, we watched this video one time and they sang it for DAYS afterwards. Probably because the Teacher Tipster is the bomb dot com, obvi.

Back when I couldn't decide whether I should teach social studies and science in random themes or by using my textbooks, I taught about bats for a week. I'm pretty sure I just stumbled across this fantastic song, which cracks me up because it sounds like they commissioned Britney Spears to sing this:

We also listen to Jack Hartmann's Hip-Hop AlphaBop CD when we are painting or cutting or doing other leisurely school activities. :) My class especially loved Miss Mary Mack from that CD because there is a rap part and they all thought they were rappers. I should have videoed their smooth moves.

Do you use music in the classroom? Link up! I would love more songs and videos to incorporate!!

5 comments:

  1. We use music in my room a lot too,mostly the jazz station on pandora. It has just enough of a beat for my littles to quietly move their feet but 98% of the times, no words, so they could focus! Can't wait to check out all your links!
    Lisa
    Stories From Second

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to be attending a workshop of Jack and Shari this summer in Vegas. Love their work!!

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing! Now to figure out a way to sneak around everything my district blocks! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool!! I just found some new songs!!!! :)
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking up Jill!!! I love the bat song at the end... you are completely correct... it totally sounds like Britney Spears!! haha!!!

    Hope you have a great last few days of school!!!

    Leslie
    http://jackofalltrades-leslie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...