Saturday, May 12, 2012

Summer Bucket List

It's almost summer, which means it's time to set some summer goals!


This summer I want to...
  • make my classroom look more like this:













Source: schoolgirlstyle.com via Jill on Pinterest

  • find my little Target pocket charts and have my brother help me make these:
Source: firstgradefabulosity.blogspot.com via Jill on Pinterest

  • do some major long-term math planning. I am DETERMINED to teach math as a whole group next year. I feel like so much of our classroom time was not used wisely during math because I was trying to teach and prevent the other half of the class from going crazy. So many of our topics in first and second grade overlap and I can totally teach a differentiated lesson every day. Side note: does anyone else use this program? Or it is only me.....
  • totally rework my calendar routine, 100%, with the help of this sweet DVD:
Source: youtube.com via Jill on Pinterest
  • make these offices! I put the Really Good Stuff privacy shields on my Christmas wishlist that went out to the parents, but alas, it was not to be.... and I think these would be way more useful anyway!
Source: jmeacham.com via Jill on Pinterest
  • learn more about Brain Gym! I won a sweet giveaway from Christina and I can't wait to dive into the teacher's manual this summer!

Oooookay, I think that is definitely long enough! What's on your summer bucket list? Link up!

15 comments:

  1. Your list looks amazing! Can't wait until summer time!!! Thanks for linking up :)

    Hadar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful summer!
    :)
    Tamera

    http://myheartbelongsinfirst.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Jill, your comment on my blog had me cracking up. I almost commented in my post about my students falling through, but decided against it. HaHa. I was actually the first to fall through (well not completely, but you know what I mean). I had actually just got done lecturing my students about something and I could tell it was taking every ounce of them to not laugh at first. We all ended up laughing about it :) I really think it's the wood! I have 3 that are PERFECT and have given me no trouble, and 2 that are like death traps. Ha. They're used for storage now.

    The pocket chart holder thing (does it have a real name?) is super cute! I might have to make something similiar. I have WAY too many of those pocket charts from Target. I stocked up, big time!

    I'm following you now and look forward to sharing more ideas with you :)

    Dirty Hands and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  4. We use the same math program but with the common core we now use the Expression T.E. more. I so want to work on my calendar time too, I got Mr. Smith's DVD just haven't had a chance to make the changes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your list!!!!
    I love Teacher Tipster! I want to add him to my list, too!
    A Teeny Tiny Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the little pocket chart holders!! They would even make cut dividers at my students tables!

    Blessings,

    Jessica Stanford
    Mrs. Stanford's Class Blog
    My TpT Store

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you going to go with the browns, blues, and greens in your room? I love it. So calming. I needed my room to be blue and green this year. HAHA!

    Jena
    1st Grade with Miss Snowden

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the math facts board!! Thank you for joining the party!! And how was I not following you?! Totally thought I was!! Def am now :)
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I have never seen anything like Teaching Tipster!! I am now following you :)

    Caitlin
    Kindergarten Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! I have never seen anything like Teaching Tipster!! I am now following you :)

    Caitlin
    Kindergarten Smiles

    ReplyDelete
  11. I agree with your struggle in math. Our school had two1/2 combinations this year and we were fortunate to be able to switch for math. I took the firsties and my partner took the seconds. Next year I may not be so lucky and I want to revamp my lessons. One of my goals this summer is to pour over the standards and combine them. I understand your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I never thought of making pocket chart holders for those little Target pocket charts...brilliant!
    ~Jen
    Jen's Kinder Kids
    Come by & visit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You and your kiddos will LOVE calendar time! I got the DVD last summer and immediately changed my routine. They get SO much more out of it!

    Laura
    Kinder Kraziness

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the teacher tipster! He has so many brilliant ideas!!! What is a brain gym??

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your background looks awesome…im your newest follower…. Drop by

    Just Wild About Teaching

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...